This CME program covers the breadth and depth of clinical neurology and its subspecialty areas, detailing the most current practical information. Comprehensive Review of Neurology comprises 50+ case-based lectures on topics like Alzheimer's disease, headache, fatigue, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, sleep disorders, etc. You'll get expert take-home points from each lecture, including:
- Functional Movement Disorders. Functional neurological disorders can be diagnosed with positive signs and symptoms, and are not only diagnosed by exclusion.
- Back and Neck Pain. While pain radiating to the extremeties is often caused by nerve root compression, axial spine pain is generally from musculoskeletal causes rather than nerve compression.
- Concussion. Concussion has reached epidemic proportions and clinicians must be able to diagnose, proivde guidance following injury, and manage common symptoms.
- Social Networks in Neurology. The influence of social relationships on risk for mortality is comparable with well-established risk factors for mortality.
- And many more!
This CME program focuses on basic and advanced electrodiagnostic techniques used in the evaluation of patients with actual or suspected neuromuscular disease. Electrodiagnostic Medicine and Neuromuscular Disorders – A Comprehensive Review includes the latest research, updates and current standards of care to help you better:
- Recognize classic, possible, and unlikely neuromuscular disorders according to clinical symptoms
- Assess the need of laboratory tests, electrodiagnostic studies, imaging, and muscle and nerve biopsies to establish a diagnosis
- Illustrate effective management of painful neuropathies
- Outline strategies to deliver the best care possible to patients with neuromuscular disorders
- Basic Neuroscience
- Behavioral, Cognitive, Psych
- Epilepsy, Seizures
- Cranial Nerves
- Movement Disorders
- Demyelinating Disorders
- Neuroinfectious Disease
- Critical Care
- Neurotoxicology, Nutrition, Metabolic
- Child Neurology
- Neurologic Complications of Systemic Disease
Osler Neurology Board Reviews is developed to help you pass your Neurology board exams. This program is primarily for your written exam but is also helpful for your oral boards. Focus is on board-relevant standards of care, incorporating new concepts and treatments. Many of our previous students have found the course helped them to identify specific weaknesses and to organize further self-study.
Topic List: Basic and Clinical Science: Anatomy and Physiology *** Neuropathology *** Neurochemistry *** Neuropharmacology *** Neuroendocrinology *** Neurogenetics *** Neuroimaging *** Radiation Oncology *** Neuro-ophthalmology ***Seizure and Epilepsy *** Neuropsychological Testing Child Neurology: Newborn Neurology *** Developmental Neurology *** Dysraphism and Hydrocephalus *** Biochemical Abnormalities *** Degenerative Disorders *** Neuromuscular Diseases Toxic Disorders: Systemic Disease Neurology *** Neuropathies and Myopathies*** Neuromuscular Junction *** Organic Mental Syndromes *** Neurologic Emergencies Signs and Symptoms: Altered Consciousness *** Electroencephalography *** Dizziness and Hearing Loss *** Movement Disorders *** Headache and Acute Pain *** Mental Status Exam Psychiatry: Psychiatric Classifications *** Psychotic Disorders *** Mood and Anxiety Disorders *** *** Somatization and Dissociation *** Personality Disorders ***Alcohol Abuse *** Substance Abuse Child and Adolescent Psychiatry *** Sleep and Eating Disorders*** Psychopharmacology Neurologic Diseases: Infections and AIDS *** Neurovascular Disorders *** Neurologic Tumors *** Neurologic Trauma *** Spinal Cord and Disc *** Dementias and Ataxias *** Demyelinating Diseases *** Metabolic Diseases
Practical Reviews is a fast, effective way to stay on top of new medical information and earn online CME. Featuring expert audio, text commentary and relevant clinical tips, articles are hand-selected from leading medical journals across 20 specialties. Subscribe today and choose a special discount or an Amazon.com Gift Card!
Practical Reviews is just that — practical, expert reviews of the most significant articles from the top medical journals. This time-saving information management tool helps you understand what’s relevant to your practice, and keeps you on the cutting edge of patient care. Explore reviews in your specialty plus 19 others. These engaging audio commentaries and written summaries focus on the hottest topics, newest technologies, groundbreaking clinical tests, and more.
It takes just 15 minutes to read the summary, listen to the commentary, take a quiz and earn credit. A subscription includes access to the online database, audio, PDF abstracts and quizzes, not to mention the free app. You can also add audio CDs and printed abstracts, which we'll mail directly to you each month.